Monday, January 23, 2012

Sweet time to reflect

I was rocking my baby girl to sleep tonight as I do every night after the crazy hustle and bustle of life but tonight was different...

Molly had been through a tramatic event tonight, which was probably more tramatic for me than her. She slammed her thumb in the drawer a little over a month ago and has been losing this nail for a while. Today it must have been on it's last thread because while I was putting on her pjs she screamed. I pulled her hand through the sleeve and low and behold she was bleeding...ah! and the nail was barely hanging. Luckily for Molly and my stomach a good bit of nail had grown underneath the wounded nail. Awe tear...she lost a part of her that was there when she was first born. She's growing too fast...ok back to it. So I trimmed the rest of the nail away and calmed my sweet baby girl. She skipped her normal ritual of 2-3 books and pawing at me while she giggled to snuggling right into my arms. She was looking for comfort. She took a deep sigh and laid right on my belly.

I imagined her much smaller and in my womb where she was wonderfully and fearfully knit within my womb. I know it sounds hokey, but this is my sweet sweet baby girl whom the Lord has gifted me for these days on Earth. Here she is this sweet innocent baby that I'm supposed to raise and reflect God's love to! Instead of my usual freak mode from realizing the immense responsibility, I took the time to breath slowly in pace with her sweet breaths and snuggle on her as we unwound from the hectic day.

After laying down my little princess, I exited her room and began my life all over. Clean, pickup, laundry, put away left overs. Lather, rinse, repeat. My day hadn't stopped and my responsibilites only waited for me outside her door, but oh how sweet those few moments of bliss.

AND my #1 son reminded me of the funnier things in life...he came running to me stark naked requesting more food. Here comes another growth spurt! At least he asked for strawberries...my sweet little man.

Oh and I can't even make this flow with my almost well scripted blog, but I have to point out some more Markisms...
1. He keeps David and I in line when it comes to how we share and treat Molly
2. He loves to serve us at the dinner table, so much so that he often forgets to eat his own meal
3. He is such a feeler, which is sweet when he worries about his sister, but is hard to see when I see him so hard on himself.
4. And he hates it when we are "serious" he sometimes throws it around as a threat about being "serious" I guess I should watch my tone :) BUT sometimes I have to be serious with these crazy kids!!!

Signing off to finish "Mockingjay"

S

1 comment:

Pink Little Cake said...

This is a very sweet post. I do get a lot of strees lately, between work, baking and the baby is hard. My 4 year old remind me every day to take one day at the time. Those are the little moments important in life.

PS:Thank you for having a link to my site.