Monday, December 19, 2011

One more week until Santa comes!

I'm just sitting here with my Mom's Macbook enjoying a little time to myself to think. Mark and I are sitting next to the beautifully lit tree and watching "Beauty and the Beast". He's totally enthralled and I'm reliving my childhood with the slew of amazing songs on this soundtrack! I just love this holiday time. I love well lit areas period so more and more twinkling lights just make my heart sing. Also the more lit holiday scented candles the better. Pandora's on in the background blasting "She and Him" Holiday mix. Ahhh it's a magical time here at the Bangs house.

Don't get me wrong this magical day still had a spat involving Mom, Mark, Molly and a lamp. A fight between Mark, Molly and a flashlight. But all and all tonight has been good. I can largely attribute that to the blessing my mom bestowed on us today by detailing our house and helping to pick up the mass clutter.

I told David that my New Years' resolution for our household is for everything to have a "home". I don't think I should get my panties in a wad when that doesn't happen because there's a large emphasis on the "MY" in "my New Years' resolution. But either way I'm going to try to be purposeful in my placing of objects around our house. More toys will be donated and I will exercise the demons as Ace Ventura would say.

I just want to take time to list a few hilarious things that have been done or said in the last couple of weeks.

1. Mark telling me that Santa wants me to rub his back, when I tried to manipulate Mark to stay in bed while using Santa and good boy as a con.

2. Mark singing his Christmas carols. He has cute versions of all the classics because he can't remember the words.

3. Mark giving Molly her paci so she won't cry anymore.

4. Jack scaling our Christmas tree for the first time ever after living with us for nearly 7 years.

5. Mark and David playing Candy Land. Mark saying "I'm gonna win on you, Dad." AND David's elatement in playing a complete game for the first time with his son.

6. Mark fighting bed time by whining in bed. I enter and ask him why he's crying. He answers," No, No I can't talk to you. I'm going night night!"

7. MOlly telling David "NO!" for the first time.


Oh there are so many things changing over here at our house. There are days I'm surprised I don't completely loose it, but this family means so much to me! My babies are super sweet and kind. I could not have been blessed more!

Merry Christmas!

The Bangs

No comments: